Starrett 2" dividers

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Sending anyone from this forum of tool junkies to either Ebay or Amazon is a questionable idea?

You may not hear from them for the rest of the week... (Longer if they have a brand new credit card)

Brian - who already has 3 pair, a backup, and a backup for the backup

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
Same here. I figured they had already sold on a "Buy It Now" deal... It's ok though... I bought a pair of the 3" dividers from GRS last week so I'm good on dividers. I'm a sucker for a good deal though and had to look!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I hope one of us got em. I posted from Italy on my iPhone. Sorry I didn't paste the link.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
This is a fantastic time of year to be in Italy! Actually, I'm not sure there's really ever a BAD time of the year to be in Italy....

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
I hear you... No matter what I'm actually looking for on eBay Inalways end up buying some leather tool or chunk of exotic wood. I have a lifetime supply of curly anigre and flame maple...

horologist

I hear you... No matter what I'm actually looking for on eBay Inalways end up buying some leather tool or chunk of exotic wood. I have a lifetime supply of curly anigre and flame maple...

In Atlanta, I would think Carlton's Rare Woods & Veneers would be a better source than ebay.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
I haven't looked there but I have gotten some really nice wood from eBay for a fraction of what it would cost from a regular dealer. I have a few other sources also but eBay has been good to me.

horologist

It is well worth going especially since you are a local. Friendly people and an unbelievable selection. The place is sort of a time capsule.
I've had mixed results buying on ebay and mail order. An extremely punky piece of spalted mango comes to mind. There is a lot to be said for being able to hand select.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
I'll definitely check 'em out next time I'm up that way. I'm south of the airport and they're on the north side of town.