End of October BASIC HAND ENGRAVING WORKSHOP

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
BASIC HAND ENGRAVING

Held in Stockton, CA on Oct. 28, 29 & 30th - this is a 3 day, VERY intensive workshop – 10+ hour days.

ALL brands of hand and power assisted equipment are available to try out and compare.

Save yourself more than the cost of the workshop by KNOWING which tools you actually need for your specific goals.

All practice materials and printed notes are included. $200 reserves your space.

Brian Marshall
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
209-477-0550

Last edited:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Still have spaces left... this will be the last one held this year!

Don't think that because it is labeled "Basic" it is boring, or contains simple stuff you can find on Utube.

It begins in a working studio, where you will learn how to set up your own personal work space - THEN we move on to the classroom.

Once everyone has sharp tools and practice plates mounted we return to the studio and on-screen live demos.

Back to the classroom to practice cuts and then I take each individual student back into the studio for one on one time with whatever specialty they plan to engrave - be it gun, knife, jewelry, musical instruments, car or motorcycle parts, Western style or lettering & monograms.

The average day is 10 hours of INTENSIVE instruction, that's why there are printed notes for you to take home - to make sure you have references!

The classroom is left open 'till 9pm for those fanatics that want to squeeze in even more practice after dinner!

Brian
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
209-477-0550

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Here's an unsolicited plug.

Having met Brian and seen the workshop and class setup, you can't go wrong. He's forgotten more than most of us will ever know, but with the written notes, he hasn't forgotten that much, either, ha!

He's a consummate artist, meticulous craftsman, good communicator and already solved just about any problem you might bump up against.

There are a LOT of different engraving tools and equipment for you to try out, and he'll steer you straight and save you a bunch of money by letting you know what you need and what you don't, when it comes to tooling up.

Hell, I'd sign up if I could get off from work! If you ever thought you'd want to give it a try, or if you've got some experience and want a valuable kick-start to the next level, take this class!

Best regards,
Doug

FerrousOxide

Ditto to what Doug said... if you want to get a big picture view of engraving, Brian is an awesome resource. Experience, talent, tools, know how... just go and be a sponge. :) Wish I had 40 years to learn this craft we all pursue, but I don't, so I try and glean as much as I can from Brian.

:)
Rob

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
Having taken Brian's class last weekend I just thought I'd post to recommend it to anyone thinking about it. Among the wealth of information provided I liked the ability to get some input on the use of tools new to me and see variations on ways to approach things. Thanks Brian and it was a pleasure to meet other class members as well and hear their input.
Jeremy

Latest posts

Sponsors