Two Glock slides

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's been a long time since I posted any work for you to see, but I have overcome my dislike of tech:mad: to try once more.:thumbsup: Both are stainless replacement slides and were medium easy to do. They broke gravers, but not as badly as Colt SS slides do. Please forgive the picture quality, I can never seem to get pictures right!!!
IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg
IMG_4475.jpg

Last edited:

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work old boy, I have never liked the king of Tupperware but now I have to look at them in a different light. :thumbsup:

Skill comes from diligence.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work i never have tried a clock slide but interestingly enough I have done a number of colt stainless slides and thought they cut pretty nice guess i must have eaten my wheaties before hitting the gravers and didnt know my own strength

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Those are really nice Bruce. With the popularity of Glocks, I would guess an engraver could engrave these and probably do really well selling them.
I especially like the sculpted version.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all the love! I haven't been back on the forum since I posted, so I'll answer now and apologize later.

Starting from the last. the slides are both stainless steel, and Guncrafter doesn't (didn't, anyway) offer carbon steel slides. Lone Wolf might, but I'm not sure. If not, you can always just strip the bluing. Slides from Glock are a completely different story.

Fancygun, the more recent Colt slides are hardened pretty well. They are cutable, but they wear down gravers at a fast pace. I don't have to sharpen a graver when doing the frame, but I resharpen gravers at the rate of about ten per hour when doing a slide.

Latest posts

Sponsors