Colored o rings

Jonathans

Elite Cafe Member
An older thread mentioned the use of small colored o rings to identify gravers with. I have been using beads but would like to try the o rings.
Does anyone know where to get those?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use heat tubes shrink for electrical wire.
I think ray cover was using elastic a for braces.... Or something like that?

Joe Jacob

Colored silicone fuel line tubing for RC models works.
But I now use perler beads. They are a bit long so I just cut them in half.
They are available in a bag of mixed colors. Search for them on Google or eBay.

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
Google "coloured rubber O-rings" and look for craft suppliers. They are often used for making bracelets and such. One of the suppliers I found had more than a dozen colours - including glow in the dark and could come in bags of 50 of each colour

Roger

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You may want to try these colored Soft Finger Protectors: http://bpeengraving.com/shop/soft-finger-protectors-for-gravers-set-of-10

Jonathans

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone. I've been using the beads to identify different types of gravers at a glance, but needed more to identify the angle, and width of the different micro gravers, and didn't feel like loading a string of beads on the gravers. I like the idea of cutting the beads down (duh! I didn't even consider that!) and the elastomer bands. Dots of nail polish might do the trick as well as long as it stays on. Oh, the Ensenada o rings replace the O ring on the holder, so only allows for one color. Would work great if that's all you require.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Got a bag full of small rings of multiple colors at the jewelry section at Hobby Lobby, the kind kids use to make bracelets. I use the same color as the sharpening template for identification and a specialized color for HSS, M-42 and carbalt. It makes identity of each graver quick and simple.

Andrew Biggs

I don't use the coloured bands as then I have to remember which colour is which!!

I only use two square gravers. 105 and 120.................The 105 has a rounded top and the 120 a flat top ground into them so I can tell at a glance which graver is which.

Onglets and flats I just mark the number size on the actual QC adaptor.................and I engrave that with a ball burr (I know, I know, heresy of the highest order :) )

Quick and simple with no memory required

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors