Help, please: Compressor Hose

MateFodor

Hello!

I've a simple problem but I'm not really a technical kind of guy so I hope somebody could help me out.

So I bought the GraverSmith and all the related items except the Sil-Air compressor because almost everybody suggested that I could use a standard oil-free compressor. I had a look on a couple of different compressors and I found out that the fitting on the compressor doesn't match the hose that I got from GRS. Comp. fitting is compatible with a 6mm inner diameter hose, and the hose I got is 3mm inner diameter. And the fitting on the regulator attached to my graver system goes with the 3mm hose originally.

So in a nutshell the compressor's fitting needs a thicker hose than the regulator's fitting. So what am I missing? I need to buy a fitting that converts 6/3mm hose?

I know it might be a simple answer cause I know that a lot of you guys are using standard compressors, but I feel dumb that I can't solve this problem. Could somebody please help? How do you hook up your engraver with a standard compressor?

vdrum4250

Elite Cafe Member
GRS sells a complete kit that has all the connections you need to hook up compressor. also there customer service is awesome. they will walk you through it. I personally use a a quick release setup.

i set up my compressor to accept the standard quick release hose first. the kind that can be removed by sliding a knurled ring down and pulling out the hose. you know the hose used to supply air to , say like a air jack hammer.

here us a link of what im talking about.

https://www.amazon.com/Central-Pneu...ds=Pneumatic+Air+Tool+Quick+Coupler+Connector

once that is set up at the compressor side i begin next step

i get a quick release nipple and put a "push to fit adapter" on it.

1/4 inch push to fit on one side should work

link below should work for 1/4 NPT ( male or female) ( depends which nipple adapter from above you wanna use)
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/84426139

then you should be able to insert the 1/4 in tubing straight from graversmith to it.

I hope that makes sense.

unless you go parts from different places, it might be easier and cheaper to buy the kit from GRS . Just ask for the air compressor hook up kit and explain what you have to confirm that the kit has what you need from them.

I hope that helps

btw. you could get a fairly cheap oiless compressor that is quiet and hook up filters and extra hose to keep air clean. from moisture. which in my opinion is important. when you compress the air around you , if it has moisture. esp where i am the humidity is high in the air. you need to be able to dry the air before it hits your engraver.

look at this compressorbelow

https://www.amazon.com/California-A...d=1475745486&sr=8-1&keywords=quiet+compressor

i heard its quiet, many links on it, but i figured i help ya save some money

I hope i helped ya...

Latest posts

Sponsors