More Scrimshaw and Such

Houlihan

I appreciated the comments on the Eastwood/Kyle scrimshaw. A couple of people asked if I'd post more pics of things I've done. So, here are a few. My aspiration is to incorporate metal engraving into some of what I do, eventually. But I have a long way to go before I'll be competent enough with a graver to do that. I'm not a professional artist. Just an enthusiast. I mostly make fancy game calls, incorporating wood carving and scrimshaw (sometimes in color) into them...and someday engraved pieces, I hope. These pics should be enough to wear people out looking at duck and turkey calls.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if anybody would tire of looking at such fine work, they don't belong on this forum. thanks for showing this superb work. the last one resembles a fine oil painting.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
That is utterly astounding work. I hope you'll post some of your engravings, as I suspect they are spectacular also!

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
A pleasure to view. You can never go wrong with John Wayne. I'll never forget seeing "El Dorado" in the theater the first time as kid. We never did figure out how to carry knife like Mississippi.

John

Sponsors