Question: Reciprocating die makers stones?

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
Greetings everyone,

Has anyone ever used mini stones in any kind of handpiece (air gravers, flex shaft reciprocating hand pieces, other)??

I'm wondering if it's worth the effort as I use them quite a bit when trying to level background and for sculpting.

Thanks in advance

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
short answer: yes. but i can't remember who said they did it that way. try the site search button between "Forums" & "What's New"

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
I use the stones but not with any power. I use one of the hand pieces made by Bob Finley of www.bpeengraving.com
They work great pluse you can shape the stone to fit in to those hard to reach places.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 210

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
The "Falcon" company is a tool & diemakers supply house, and they may carry what you are looking for. There is a vibratory gadget, air or electric driven, that makes rapid work of smoothing and polishing dies and other such work. A friend of mine, whom I worked with, told me of such when he worked at a place some thirty years ago. Google in some stuff, and you may find what you're looking for. Everything comes with a price!

dhall

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Gesswein is another supplier; check out their lines of "ultrasonic polishers". These are the toys the big kids play with when it comes to cleaning up dies. The dental trade has their technicians use them for final fit and finish, too. Looks like entry level units are in the $1500 range.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I've used the flat ceramic superstones in Lindsay AirGraver. Worked well for my purposes, but probably not comparable to the specialized ultrasonics.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I remember right, Tira Mitchell has a unit as a accessory hand piece, for the Enset tool

Latest posts

Sponsors