Question: coreldraw???

kfengraver

Hello, i was thinkimg of getting coreldraw but witch version 7 and 8 are what i am finding on amazon. i have some or most of sams videos and was thinking of getting the monogram video... hope not to spend to much.. any help?? thank you..

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have 8, if your en educator or student it can be had new for 85 bucks no gimiks, check on ebay for instructions, you need to verify it with the company.

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Coreldraw 16 17??.....x8 is the latest release

Last edited:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dam that's right, ive always been a flexisign user, just recently bought Corel, thanks for the clarification.

John C

I picked up the full Corel X8 suite this spring for $500. It has definitely been worth the investment. I would definitely recommend X8 or one of the editions just prior.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i've been usin corel v-11. i use it to run a laser, a cnc engraving machine, and many other chores. i have used advanced versions of cd, but v-11 does all i need it to do. the upgrades just take up a bit more space, as well as money.

John C

Monk, I agree that Corel is a work horse of a program. I finally upgraded from my corel 7 when the new computer would not load the older program. I figured that I got 20 years out of the first one, might as well invest in the next 20 years. ;)

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
You might also check Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo --- works just fine with Sam's files/videos... and are around the $50.00 each price range. It is a very good alternative for Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop - without a monthly subscription fee. Really amazing apps for the money ... and there are both MAC and PC flavors now.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

Last edited:

DevilDog

I recently bought the X7 Home and Student version from Amazon for around $50. What I really was looking forward to using, was the envelope function to shape my text. In this version, I haven't been able to get it figured out. I know a lot of the functions are not operable in the "Student & Home" version. Does anyone use the "Student" version and know if the envelope function for text is available? I have tried the tutorials (for the full version, that's all I can find) on "Youtube", but haven't been successful.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in v-11, the envelope tool is super for tweaking stuff that i didn;t draw. i rarely use it when i scan my own drawings. if cd is like a lot of other software, it may well be imbedded in the disk. they just may not want you to use it without the xtra bucks. my first plotter was a roland camm-1. it wouldn't cut scraps. i attended a signmakers' convention, and complained to the roland rep. he showed me how to remove one screw, thus making it a camm-2 that would cut scraps. 1 little screw, suddenly elevated the plotter by several hundred bucks! hidden tricks, everywhere, even software.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
corel has a really nice live trace, which is centre line trace.. other programs will basically outline all your lines (that is if you cheat like taht)

Latest posts

Sponsors