Announcement: Giancarlo Pedretti RIP

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I was just informed of the passing of Giancarlo Pedretti, one of the great Italian engravers.

When I was a fledgling engraver I met him and watched him work at the SHOT show in New Orleans in 1980. He was kind enough to engrave a small flower on a practice plate for me. A few years later Firmo Fracassi took me to his home on a visit to Brescia and we were reunited. So sad he's no longer with us.

Heartfelt condolences to the Pedretti family.

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
I am so sorry to hear that he passed away.
I have many photos of his engravings and he was one of my best favorite engraver.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I am very sorry to hear that, my condolences go out to his immediate family members and all engravers everywhere...

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Condolences to the Pedretti family I have Mr. Pedretti's book and enjoy looking at his beautiful engraved firearms. J.J.

Andrew Biggs

That is sad news indeed.
He was an exceptional artist and inspiration to many engravers both in his home country and abroad.
His legacy will live on through his work and continue to inspire engravers for many generations to come.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My sincere condolences to Giancarlo's son Stefano and the whole Pedretti family. I visited the Pedretti studio in 2011 with Scott Pilkington and Steve Fjestad. We were greeted most warmly and later enjoyed a marvelous dinner with the Pedrettis. I shall cherish my memories of a great engraver and fine gentleman.

The image below shows Giancarlo in his studio.

Attachments

• Pedretti studio.jpg
    Pedretti studio.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 186

monk

Staff member
it's always a sad thing when those that have delighted and inspired so many, have passed from the world. may his family find strength in faith to get through this sad period.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I am saddened to hear this, and my prayers go out to Giancarlo and his family. I was fortunate to visit him at his studio a few years back. He was very gracious and he and all in his studio autographed his book .. all but his son, who was on vacation at the time. I may need to return one day.

Latest posts

Sponsors