Capitan

AliAtiyabi

Elite Cafe Member
This is also finished on copper in deep relief engraving style. A portrait.

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_190708.jpg
    IMG_20160730_190708.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 226

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Love to see your work Ali! It's a refreshing addition to the work posted here. :thumbsup:

AliAtiyabi

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your kind posts. As a matter of fact although it is right that the techniques used are repousse and chasing used by chisel and hammer but I use the word engraving as a general word for all styles we do in Iran which little by little I post my other work especially what you call " hand engraving". The techniques are really difficult especially that the cigarette is separated from the same copper sheet.

peteb

Elite Cafe Member
My air graver with the tungsten piston is a very good tool to use on my low relief reposse. Many tiny blows add up quickly. I only use 2 sizes of rounded gravers and one fine chisel style. My backer is a blob of thermo lock.<br><br> ticktockMoon2.960.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your work is amazing, to use just a word. by whatever name, your work is welcome here. thanks for sharing it.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
at 1.5mm thickness, i would think that reppousse would not be the technique here..
maybe at the crudest level (not saying anything about the work here;)
looks like a mixture of sculpture (chasing) and engraving...

AliAtiyabi

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks a lot for all of your kind expressions and attentions. I really do not know how to appreciate you just what I can do to put my works and hope you enjoy it. The Capitan is one of my lovely works which of course I mad some final amendments on it and will send the final work soon. Thanks to all.

AliAtiyabi

Elite Cafe Member
The thickness is exactly 1.5 mm and this is the technique which we use to make such volume out of it. My new work is done on 1 mm which when finished I will put it here. One of the techniques is repousse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors