Hand Engraved Rolex - reassembled

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I previously posted the Rolex components that I engraved for this project. Here is a pic from my customer of the assembled watch. Nice to see it all put back together!

dsengraver-rolex-instasave.jpg

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I can't think of a more appropriate place for a nice engraving. I did some practicing on my work watch, a cheap Timex and I catch myself looking at it all the time. I look forward to some proper engraving on a nice watch just for myself. I can imagine your customer looking at your very nice work dozens of times a day. It really finishes the watch.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Tom - thank you so much for your nice comment!

Speedy6 - thanks and you are right about how much we tend to look at our watches!

Denny - thanks! I do not do any disassembly or assembly on the Rolex or other high end watches. I have done it on some inexpensive quartz watches.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
How long did the bezel an case take to complete

Shelly - stainless steel watches such as this one can take me as much as 100 hours to complete. Less of course if only the bezel and sides of case. Constant sharpening is required to keep the cuts clean and that slows things down quite a bit compared to other metals. But, the end result is totally dependent on crisp, clean cutting.