Question: Diy engravers vice

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For some reason the link does not work on my phone, but do what makes you happy, every failure is a world of knowledge gained, good job for your determination and drive on!

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

vdrum4250

Elite Cafe Member
invent please... even if you end up with same design the road to it will be fun and exciting. you will either create a new design or prove to yourself sometimes its easier and less expensive to buy pre made.. i learn that all the time...

Rstripnieks

I started similar way,im student so every cent counts .And even buying cheapest tools wasnt that easy for me. so i started with simple modeling vice i can hold in hand,some hand push gravers i found in flea market.and i just started to play with copper plates . Later i bought chinese vise (Bad GRS copy) but i couldnt afford more ,then i made my engraving machine with cheap 12volt compresor (inspired FROM Shaun Hughes on youtube). and then i started to engrave something a bit more serious ,ordered Steve Lindsay sharpening templates and with this basic setup i engraved very random things i found in flea market and now i have enough money to buy quality Vice and Gravermax . But if i had bought gravermax for ex. at the very beginning ,i would never learn how to make my tools ,figure out and best angles for handpushing etc etc . I still love to make custom tools for myself

Last edited:

Sponsors