Vitalij Kricuk DVD

Bigarmedmike

hi,im looking at improving my stone setting skills, im just in the process of setting up a bench with microscope and a grs gravermax AT. I love the videos Vitalji does on you tube and was wondering if his DVDs were worth getting? im looking to improvr my thread and grain setting (pave) and the micro setting style on bands, where the seats are drilled almost the same width as the band and then a shared or split bead is pushed over the stone. Which one of his dvd s cover these styles as they are not cheap i cant afford to get them all. has anyone purchased these? are they worth it? is anyone looking to sell one on?

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
I have purchased the First DVD and Im Not realy happy the DVD itself was ok but no text only pictures of the work and tools. Its ok but I asked for a Bill more than 5 times never got one I was very angry about that So I desided to dont buy from him something else.
The tools He Use all sharpen by hand no angles in the description ah wait there is noch description. The DVD comes without a case and he takes 300 Euro for only one DVD. Every few minutes he put the number of the DVD over the hole Screen as copy protection. You See I'm Not very happy with that. DVD
On the others point yes you can learn something but for me it had a very Bad taste.

Bigarmedmike

Thanks, yes they do seem expensive, they do look good on YouTube. Maybe I'm better off saving up to do a short course although they are few and far between here in the uk especially with microscope and air gravers

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
If you can get the idea of the theory from what's available on YouTube you are 90% there.
Get some cheap stones & metal & have a go replicating.
It's not difficult, but learning by having a go will be what you'll have to do anyway.

I'll also add that these styles aren't much use on rings for Mrs average as nice as they look, since they'll be destroyed in next to no time..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors