Critique Request Newbie engravers first attempt at relief engraving

Wew0001

So here it is my first attempt. I know I have a long way to go but you got to start somewhere. Sorry about the photo I am putting together a photo booth today. I have not had the luxury of receiving any formal lessons. That being said, any pointers are greatly appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• brassknucks.jpg
    brassknucks.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 327

Wew0001

Thanks Sam! I watched you engrave during the bench jeweler workshop at Stuller a couple of years ago with my old boss Rick (who took a class with you at GRS). I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to give engraving a shot and for your hospitality. Your videos are amazing and I hope to someday take a class from you myself.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Looks excellent for a first project.
and you chose a great conversation piece, it will be great to hand it down to the family.... LoL

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Wew0001;
Nice job. If you are planning a trip north of the border to Canada, Be sure to leave this piece of art work at home. Brass knuckles are a prohibited item in Canada and would be confiscated at the border, as well as subject your to possible fines and criminal charges. We can't even have them for practice plates.
Cheers
Don

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beauty of a job. one area of thought-- crop the foto. all that background detracts from the work. also takes up xtra space in the forum archive.

Wew0001

Thanks for the heads up Don! I know they are not legal in certain states around here as well. I gave them to my dad so I will be sure to relay him this info.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for the heads up Don! I know they are not legal in certain states around here as well. I gave them to my dad so I will be sure to relay him this info.

get them back. engrave, "for paperweight use only " on one side.