Critique Request Today's practice

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the latest scroll practice. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

• New Scrolls.jpg
    New Scrolls.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 288

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Talking about scroll backbones only and not the internal elements, I would say the left scroll is pretty close but the right one is elliptical shaped. Until you get the backbone spirals drawn to perfection, there's no use doing the inside stuff. But I applaud your efforts! Just get those spirals correct first.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the inner portion of the left scroll loses the flow. it could take a bit of touchup. not too shabby, though. have you began cutting yet? this layout would be a good start for actual engraving practice.

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Monk, I have gotten some super feedback and a few suggestions on how to make these scrolls look and flow better. I'm going to rework what I've got and go from there. There some great folks on this forum. You know who you are!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks Monk, I have gotten some super feedback and a few suggestions on how to make these scrolls look and flow better. I'm going to rework what I've got and go from there. There some great folks on this forum. You know who you are!

your work is good as is, just needs a bit of tweaking. time will cure all that ails you efforts. don't forget to keep and date all your drawings. this way, you will see a timeline of your own progress.