Tour

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
It's Christmas time and big kids wishes are supose to come true. So here goes: If someone who is wearing his santa hat in the avatar were to organize a tour through the engraving cities of Italy, who would sign up to go? Yes, Glenn would. Of course, we're just wishing so who else would love to go on this tour? Sam, take notes.:D :D

bpeak

wow. I would love to go to Italy (period)... let alone a tour of engraving cities. (I say that with the undertone that I could never afford it... but it'd still be awesome) The Christmas wish list could go on and on...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Chris DeCamillis would be a good guide. I've been to Italy a bunch of times, but I believe he has access to more engravers than I do. I know Abigail would love to go back to Italy, and so would I.
Ciao / ~Sam

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been approached about doing this, same setup as my gun factories tours,
http://www.pilkguns.com/ptg02it.htm
just hitting the engraving high spots, Suhl, Ferlach, Steyr, and Brescia, might as well do Florence (could spend months in Florence) it would be a lot of bus riding, but we could set up computers on board and do seminars along the way through the buses video display system. if we got enough people to justify a bus, it would run about 1800-2500 apiece pprobably including airfare.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
found this, I always thought this was a cool logo I came up with
http://www.pilkguns.com/pix_Italy-ad.jpg

Last edited:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Going to Italy and touring the engraving areas has been on my wish list for years and was afraid that an unknown would not be any too welcome in the shops, but an organized engraving tour would be perfect! You can definitely count me in. I would even sell ole'"Spot", my '63 Chevy pickup to go! Keep this going, I WANT TO GO!!!!!!

NACHO

You can also count me in. I think it would be very interesting to get so many of us together and maybe see some fine works.