"Stagecoach"

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
JJ:

Colt has an ingenious way of forming the inside parts so that they pivot and turn on hidden axles within the frame. The Trigger Guard and Backstrap actually hold these parts in place by compression as the gun is assembled. It takes few special tools to put the gun together, and you have to hold everything carefully while taking it apart so the small coil springs don't fly!

Re: Ink-and Bake - this is nothing more complicated than using Speedball block printing ink to back fill all the cuts. This ink is oil base, so it dries very slowly. To speed the hardening, I place to parts in a small oven heated to about 200 degrees for an hour or so.

cool-- tyvm for that.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Mike, I have no experience with chrome plating of any kind though I think Marty has. I have used electorless nickel plate on parts with both sculpting and bulino style work and with that process the surface that goes in is that which comes out so no noticeable loss of detail and if there are any mars and such they will still show so preparation is very important.

Look forward to the next photos.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill,Just put the part in a large glass dish and stick in the oven 200 degrees and your good to go. J.J.

I'll have to remove the wife's Tupperware from the oven. That's where she stores it now that she quit cooking!

Latest posts

Sponsors