Signet pinky ring

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Gold pinky ring with sculpted monogram and sculpted sides. Fun little project.

Attachments

• madaus-signet-ring1-sm.jpg
    madaus-signet-ring1-sm.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 267

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful. Are the over unders in the monogram sculpted, lines or dots? It has a very "soft" natural look to it

Sam

Staff member
Sam , what are you using for black on that?? Durable???

The most durable paint I've found is Rustoleum flat black. I cut backgrounds really deep so it's fairly well protected, but no paint is 100%. I've been using it for 35 years.

Sam

Staff member
Beautiful. Are the over unders in the monogram sculpted, lines or dots? It has a very "soft" natural look to it

Thanks Bert. The monogram is sculpted. I used a flat graver to relieve areas where the letters overlap, then used a textured sculpting punch to lightly planish the relieved areas. In addition to smoothing the graver marks, it gives a bit of shading as you noted.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Bert. The monogram is sculpted. I used a flat graver to relieve areas where the letters overlap, then used a textured sculpting punch to lightly planish the relieved areas. In addition to smoothing the graver marks, it gives a bit of shading as you noted.

Very classy!

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Very elegant Sam.

Seeing one of your finished sculpted projects made me pull out last year's FEGA seminar DVD and enjoy it again!

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I didn't even notice the sides on instagram... but the design and execution in the leaves is as stunning as the monogram. Bravo sir.

Latest posts

Sponsors