Lettering on a sword

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Looks very nice Santos, great job on the engraving looks like it would have been done in that time period

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a grand looking result you have achieved. i have a font quite similar to that. it is a windows font. never used it but 2 or 3 times. it is a font that works, when noneother looks right.

Last edited:

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Tricky work swinging a full length sword around in the vise.

Thank You Andrew. Yes holding it in a vise is not so easy. You have something like a Damocles sword over you : have to be careful not to impale yourself while sitting down:confused:
IMG_4225.JPG

monk

Staff member
santos: i like your bench. i'd like to know what graver you used to do the sword.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
santos: i like your bench. i'd like to know what graver you used to do the sword.
Thank you Monk

I’m a bit ashamed with the chaos in my bench.:eek:

The surface in the centre of these swords is concave, so the graver is not straight.
I have a few gravers that have a goose neck on which is welded a tungsten tip. The shape is the same than usual 120° with 50° face
IMG_2931 (Large).jpg

Here is the finished sword I was engraving above
DSC_5449 (Large).jpg

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Santos, you did a great job on a very challenging piece of work. Your video was very nice as well. A few minutes of total tranquility to a very violent life for the sword of the Guardian of Civility and Virtue. Fred

monk

Staff member
Thank you Monk

I’m a bit ashamed with the chaos in my bench.:eek:

The surface in the centre of these swords is concave, so the graver is not straight.
I have a few gravers that have a goose neck on which is welded a tungsten tip. The shape is the same than usual 120° with 50° face
View attachment 38829

Here is the finished sword I was engraving above
View attachment 38830

thank you for the info. i was thinking that would be a bit more difficult using a standard graver.

Latest posts

Sponsors