Question: Acrobat Versa & Leica A60 Complete Package or Leica A60 with Adaptor Package

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
I have a Meiji EMZ-5 with the Acrobat Stand, 0.5 & 0.3 objective lenses & two ring lights (one LED & one fluorescent). Setup includes a headrest.

I want to buy a Leica A60, and sell the Meiji EMZ-5.

If I buy the Acrobat Versa & Leica A60 Complete Package (A60, Versa stand, objective lens, Optia LED ring light & headrest) for $2,295, I will sell all of what I have now.

Alternatively, I can buy the A60 with Adapter Package (A60, objective lens & headrest) for $1,850. I'd use it with my Acrobat stand & sell the rest of the Meiji items.

There's a $450 difference, but the Versa option includes an Optia LED light ($174). So, the difference is $276.

When I add up the Complete Package individual items, $2,295 for the package is a "bargain". I hate to pass up a bargain. I think the Optia LED light might be better than what I have now. So, this package is attractive.

The Adaptor Package is cheaper, & I don't have to deal with packing and shipping the "heavy" stand. However, if my ring light doesn't fit or work well with the A60, I'll have to buy the Optia LED light. Then, the difference between the two packages gets smaller.

Which way to go? Probably no correct answer.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm sure someone at GRS can tell you if your current ring lights will fit the Leica scope.

Latest posts

Sponsors