Suicide Squad

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The cartoonish movie Suicide Squad had only been out for a short time and I just got the first email asking what it would take to re-create the "Harley Quinn" gun.
Has anyone else had a request to do this one yet? I'm sure I'll never hear from them again after I told them what it would take to make a copy.This is a CAD rendering but I'm quite sure the prop was "milled and filled" with gold paint or some such thing. Sometimes I feel as though I spend more time answering emails about silliness like this than I do actual engraving. I keep a file of the really wacky requests.
Harley quinn gun.jpg

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
There actually IS a revolver that fires from the bottom of the cylinder, and there was a write-up not too long ago on it. The details escape me, but some advantage exists with felt recoil, and muzzle rise. However, in the style department, it can be safely classified as 'weird'. An Internet search might provide some detail on the thing!

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I know a company that makes a lot of studio props, and most often the basic work is 3D printed, then a lot of hand finishing and customizing. They also do props for advertising and trade shows, so most of what they do is under elaborate NDA contracts. http://www.acmedesign-inc.com/

I frequently get requests for sculptures of characters from movies or video games, I always answer that I can't do any copies of licensed work unless they get specific permission from the company holding the rights. That always ends the conversation.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
a couple years ago a local gunsmith/maker who specializes in fine doubles, esp. continental, was asked to inlet a pair of sterling silver rattlesnakes into the wood grips of some sort of Italian single actions. just like those a villain used in one of Clint Eastwood's/Dino DeLaurentis "spaghetti Westerns". maybe somebody here knows the particular movie?

i ended up doing it for him. we still laugh about it...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
with all that space over the barrel, i'm surprised the designer didn't include an integral laser sight. would seem to be a natural place for one and well within the "style" of the weapon...

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mitch,The name of the western was the Man with no name,my wife hates it when spaghetti western marathon come on.J.J.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Definitely an upgrade in fire power for Harley. Her prior gun had a cork in the end, and had no raised gold inlay. And those ivory grips....... that is condoning the slaughter of harmless elephants, c'mon hollywood where is the outrage?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What is the gold design on the barrel supposed to be doesn't look like scrollwork?

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

Sponsors