First Crack Post Recovery

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
my first project post stroke. A close friend wanted a wedding bracelet for his daughter this weekend. So I had to jump back in. It was his design and I'm fairly pleased with my execution with a couple exceptions. I will have to do a little re-learning because of my vision. (Or pony up for a scope?) Cutting up and to the left is a little more difficult/involved than I remember...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 241

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cool that you're comin back to what you love. as far as this particular job goes, i see nothing that's out of place. since you did it, well, you know how we all tend to be--- our own worst critics. we all wish you a speedy get well.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
Apologies for chiming in again here but as a rank beginner, I'm gathering books, videos, tools and supplies to stop talking and start doing. I just purchased (via instant download) a few more of Sam's videos and as I was watching the Graver Sharpening video I was pleasantly surprised to hear my old friend Pete Huttlinger's "Tommy In the Morning" as the intro music. Sadly, Pete's heart gave out on him recently and he's no longer with us but he was also a stroke survivor and had the completely re-learn how to play guitar... He was a magnificent talent and proof that if you are determined to do something and there's ANY physical way to do it, you can. Your bracelet is further proof and I thank you again for sharing it and giving a new guy like me even more inspiration!

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all. I continue to contemplate the fact that with the difference of a millimeter or so I could have been totally blind? I've come back around to running 2-3 miles every other day and weight training every day. I eat clean and am down 15 pounds since June20. The vision is all back but about 5% upper left. Time to get back to work for real. There were two flintlock builds 75% done on my bench when this happened. A percussion came in two days ago for engraving, stain and oil finish and a fourth one is coming in Saturday for engraving and set triggers. God is great, life is good and grandkids are AWSOME...Dan

Sponsors