Help, please: Jack of all trades master of none

Darrell

As many of my hobbies I do indeed jump in head first, a metal worker all my life and a hobbyist of many. I now went from latest Photography to jewellery now to engraving (which I know nadda) hopefully. After many you tube intros and web sites I decided but a engraving set up and started with the Chinese knockoff GraverMax, which I used once and found a not a workable unit, I since have ordered a EnSet, because of its power and strokes, while I am waiting for it to arrive I was wondering if the CRS Handpiece can be use and connect to Enset machine?? for slower steady control.........good idea? or am I blabbing.:biggrin:

thanks Darrell

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
I have an Enset and believe that only the Enset hand piece will work with it, but I am not positive. Perhaps ask Tara. If you need help to get the hand piece cutting correctly. Just PM me and I will try to help you along with it from my experience. ZZ

Darrell

well thank you jon, a very kind offer, if for some reason I have difficulty I will take you up on that.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If the "CRS" handpiece you're referring to is a Chinese knockoff, you should get a proper handpiece before you waste time and effort learning to engeprave.

Darrell

If the "CRS" handpiece you're referring to is a Chinese knockoff, you should get a proper handpiece before you waste time and effort learning to engeprave.

Sam....NO NO, No more Chinese knockoffs for me!

Being Rob Mitchel has been in correspondence re my machine being on back order, I asked him the question, and here is his answer:

GRS hand pieces can be jury-rigged to work with an EnSet, but it isn’t easy and doesn’t work nearly as well as the EnSet Hand Piece. The bottom line is that GRS hand pieces are designed to work with high volumes of air, while the EnSet hand piece works with much lower volumes. With the EnSet, you can change striker weights and stroke length to achieve a much wider variety of cuts than with GRS hand pieces.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam....NO NO, No more Chinese knockoffs for me!

The reason I asked is because you typed CRS, and I believe some of the knockoff companies use CRS labeling to confuse customers into thinking they're getting GRS products.

Darrell

The reason I asked is because you typed CRS, and I believe some of the knockoff companies use CRS labeling to confuse customers into thinking they're getting GRS products.

OH thanks for that, a mistake on my part, I meant GRS.............isn't there anything they don't fake!.....................
thanks again

Last edited:

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's like most things "Buy cheap, pay twice!" It doesn't matter which system you use GRS, Lindsay, En-Set (and now Jura I believe), if you want an air assisted system then buy the real McCoy. A second or third or fourth hand GraverMax is going to serve you in better stead than a Chinese knock-off!

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
Normally I buy quality and only cry once but I caved and got a cheap block just to get going until I figured out if engraving was as much fun as it looked like... It is and a honest to goodness GRS block will be the next major purchase I make.

Darrell

Well I put the "Graver Helper" Flea Bay and it sold, to a Jeweler in New York, go figure! thank goodness I only lost $20 on the deal........... lesson learned, I did get an Email from EnSet, my unit is on its way........YIPPIE!!! should be here in a few days...........

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Normally I buy quality and only cry once but I caved and got a cheap block just to get going until I figured out if engraving was as much fun as it looked like... It is and a honest to goodness GRS block will be the next major purchase I make.

there are genuine grs goodies on the bay. one must decide on price, shipping costs, and such. don't forget, the same items may be found in the buy & sell section of the forum. take your time when buying this way. if you get in a hurry, you may not be getting the best deal possible.