Saddle seats your experience

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been considering one of these chairs for better circulation in the legs those of you that have tried it out what have been your thoughts.

I know there's some very expensive ones but this is one I'm considering has good reviews.

Ergonomic Chair - BetterPosture Saddle Chair - Jobri F1465-BK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BWS8GC/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_7-pMxbYT8VKJA

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
These chairs are also used in the hairdresser/barbershop I go to.

It keeps your back active. However I don't know if they are comfortable for men. Find somewhere to try them out, before buying online. It also looks like your feet might keep bumping in to the wheels.

Try before you buy :)

Andrew Biggs

There are quite a few models out there. Some are good and others not so. The biggest fault with some of them is the hooked part in the front. If it isn't designed properly it can put pressure on your crotch area which is really uncomfortable after a while.

Yes, try before you buy if at all possible.............they can definitely help with posture and back ache.

Cheers
Andrew

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the replies i was looking at Salli chairs have addressed the crotch issue but there very pricey and since I'm really just trying it out I don't think I want to spend that much and then not like it. I guess the good thing with Amazon is that for some reason I like it it's free shipping back to them. I think I might give it a try I'll buy it soon.

Well I just ordered it I'll keep you guys posted.

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

Last edited:

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Harbor Freight sells one that's made to resemble a motorcycle seat . Best I remember, I looked at one and it seemed to have some pretty thick padding. I considered it till I was given a low stool on casters used at a chain jewelry store. The free one feels better than one I would have to pay for.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I tried one at Stuller last year and couldn't wait to get off the damn thing. I would stand up before I'd use the one I tried. It was simply awful. Maybe there are better ones, but I'm comfy in my task chair.

Lonestarr

Elite Cafe Member
As we get older putting a lot of pressure for along time on the old prostate is not what most people want to do.....That little walnut gives enough trouble on its own.......

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i tried one at harbor freight. uncomfortable ! like mike fennel, i ended making my own upholstered seat for an old, adjustable seat that musicians use. i just made the seat somewhat larger and thicker than the original. i also added castors on the bottom. allows for a bit of scoot when reaching for things.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I just looked at the Roc-n-Soc website, they have a huge amount of choices and options and look very comfortable. They are quite expensive though.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
I just looked at the Roc-n-Soc website, they have a huge amount of choices and options and look very comfortable. They are quite expensive though.

Expensive... yes... tough as all get out? ABSOLUTELY... I had a Rock-N-Soc Drum throne for about 20 years and it has been in about 500 bars and venues, beat to death... thrown, tossed, stomped on, fell out of a truck... you name it, it survived... it is probably STILL functional, but it was ultimately stolen back in 2009 so I have no clue how long it lasted. Mine had the back-rest on it, and it was very comfortable for playing drums, I imagine it would be great for engraving.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Expensive... yes... tough as all get out? ABSOLUTELY... I had a Rock-N-Soc Drum throne for about 20 years and it has been in about 500 bars and venues, beat to death... thrown, tossed, stomped on, fell out of a truck... you name it, it survived... it is probably STILL functional, but it was ultimately stolen back in 2009 so I have no clue how long it lasted. Mine had the back-rest on it, and it was very comfortable for playing drums, I imagine it would be great for engraving.

That's really interesting. I'd never thought of a drum throne for an engraving seat. I'd love to try one just out of curiosity. I looked online and there are many variations, some with backs and some without. And some shaped like a big bike seat which might be great, especially for foot pedal users.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a similar seat and don't use it except as an occasional seat when at my sharpening bench. I tried using it for engraving but had to give it up, my crotch went numb and I couldn't straighten up from it. A bad mistake on my part. Seeing as you have already purchased one I hope you have better luck with it than I did.