letter height

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Can I get a recommendation on the smallest height lettering I should expect to engrave in script and Roman ? I'm practicing and would like to try the smallest . And, inside the ring ,is script about all that's feasible to do ? Have I left out any questions I should ask ? Thank you, Mark

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
lay out and practice as much as you can. start at what youre already doing an work down to 1mm.

inside rings.... I only do script lettering. its less frustrating.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when you're confident to start practicing on rings, get a length of copper pipe cut to ring width. practice on that at first. way cheaper than practicing on store-bought stuff. later, you could buy some practice rings from grs, as they are more like real rings esp on the outside.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the tips guys. I tried some 1mm letters, wow. I'll be getting some copper pipe too.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for the tips guys. I tried some 1mm letters, wow. I'll be getting some copper pipe too.

the pipe is great for inside practice. except for flat band rings, it has no rounded upper surface to practice on. i believe the grs rings are more realistic for the outside work you may want to try.