Meiji EMZ-5 prices

FIUmetals

Hi all,

I just returned from the GRS intro class and iam really excited to started. I am on a budget but want to get a good Microscope. I noticed that some Meiji EMZ-5 Scopes on Ebay sell for $300 and some sell for $1200 without the stand... I know the eye pieces are different but other than that what is the difference???

Thanks in advance !

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
I purchased a Meiji in perfect condition off of Ebay with stand, ringlight AND camera for the Princely sum of $400.
Just because it is priced cheap does not mean it is inferior. Just remember the 30 day guarantee with Ebay/PP.
The Austin Texas area has many "High Tech" businesses who from time to time upgrade their tools and sell the outdated equipment CHEAP !

FIUmetals

Is the GRS stand necessary or are there others comparable.... I keep seeing the "boom" type advertised but not sure its good or not?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i'm sure it is good..
but if you have an adjustable stand for your vise, its not really neccessary.. none of it is truly neccesary, except a good vise, if you are pushing..
i'm saying all this as a non-ownwer of an acrobat.. but as i see it, it allows you to easily adjust your viewing setup..
i like to get the scope in position, so that my back is comfortable, and adjust the height of my vise stand accordingly..

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Used Meiji EMZ-5 scopes are hitting the market because a lot of people are upgrading to the Leica A60.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i started with a scienscope from the bay. later, on the bay, i upgraded to a leica. the important thing, just don't get in a hurry. it took me maybe 6 weeks to score the leica. the wait was worth it, as was the price. when you do buy, be sure to keep all the packaging goodies and the box. saves a ton of work if you decide to return the scope.