Question: Ak-47

paintedman

IMHO no expert on cutting but i am a firearms mfg Lot of variables in the ak receivers metallurgy most are stamped mild steel sheet metal with just pin holes hardened. Some like nodak spud are fully hardened, then you have milled as well. I would guess that you will run in to varying tempers thru out if its a stamped due to torch hardening a milled would be more consistent cutting thru out the receiver

Last edited:

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Okay....I learn from you guys......just because somebody is willing to pay you money...it does not mean you have to accept the job.
What would be the polite way to say NO without being arrogant? I can't say...it's an ugly rifle no matter what you do with it..ha..ha..ha...

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
there have been many highly decorated AK's done. Sad am Husain and his sons had them gold plated and solid gold. Saw a display of a billion dollars in drug proceeds along with a billion s worth of cocaine and a lot of highly decorated firearms including several AK's Some looked very well done. lots of nice flat surfaces to work with- Fred

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've never attempted to engrave an AK-47 but I have engraved "trust" information on some AR-15 receivers for my local gunsmith. It cut beautifully.

Latest posts

Sponsors