Engraver ID?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These are bad cell phone shots of No.1 of a nice matched pair of drop-lock Westley Richards 12 bores. By the serial nos., they may be possibly pre-war, but perhaps were upgraded later on. The scroll bears some resemblance to Bill Sinclair's work, but I couldn't find a signature anywhere. Anybody recognize it?

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpg
    IMG_2201.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 229

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i know not who did it. i think it is quite a good looker ! is this yours, or did you take the pics for somebody else?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ok, pay attention: they were owned by the recently deceased father, of a friend, of a friend of mine. his friend has no use for a matched pair and gave gun no.2 to my friend. no.1 happened to be at a local gunmaker's shop for a minor tune-up and he told me it's the mate to the one our mutual friend kinda 'inherited'. i had no idea he was getting such a nice gun...

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ok, pay attention: they were owned by the recently deceased father, of a friend, of a friend of mine. his friend has no use for a matched pair and gave gun no.2 to my friend. no.1 happened to be at a local gunmaker's shop for a minor tune-up and he told me it's the mate to the one our mutual friend kinda 'inherited'. i had no idea he was getting such a nice gun...
yes, mitch-- that really clears it up tyvm

Latest posts

Sponsors