F. E. Warren

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I was at a gathering yesterday and ran inti a fellow that lived near Floyd Warren. We had an interesting discussion. I did a search on him and found that there was also a John E. Warren listed as an engraver. Were they related and where did John E warren work. Their work was excellent and a good study.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
tdelewis,John E.Warren and Floyd E.Warren are not related John live on the Cape Eastham Massachusestts Floyd lived in Cortland Ohio. J.J.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
mollydodger,A friend of mine here in Virginia has a Marlin engraved with gold inlays by your uncle John Warren. J.J.

Last edited:

Samx

Hi, I am a Newbe and love the world of gun engraving. I own a Colt 1911 and a Colt 1903, both magnificently engraved by Floyd E. Warren.
I was wondering what would be a realistic value of each nowadays. Any insight into this is appreciated.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Floyd Warren was a fine engraver friend. He was also a great musician and went by the handle of "Fiddlin' Floyd."
He was a good friend of Byron Berline and both of them were born on July 6th but a few years apart.
Floyd kindly sent me one of his recordings which I sometimes enjoy playing while engraving.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi, I am a Newbe and love the world of gun engraving. I own a Colt 1911 and a Colt 1903, both magnificently engraved by Floyd E. Warren.
I was wondering what would be a realistic value of each nowadays. Any insight into this is appreciated.

Without a set of detailed pictures of the guns, there is no way to ascertain their value. Even then, custom engraved guns are hard to place a value on.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Floyd Warren was a fine engraver friend. He was also a great musician and went by the handle of "Fiddlin' Floyd."
He was a good friend of Byron Berline and both of them were born on July 6th but a few years apart.
Floyd kindly sent me one of his recordings which I sometimes enjoy playing while engraving.

Byron Berline is one of my favorite fiddlers. Fascinating to hear his connection to Floyd Warren!

Samx

Thank you, Roger for your reply - you are obviously correct regarding value assessment.

I've attached a couple of pics, the 'milky' spots are light reflections, the condition of this amazing artwork is as perfect as I can tell. Interestingly, the pistol itself in a Government model made in 1913...

Of course, best venue would be a formal appraisal but I guess I'm trying to ascertain a ballpark estimate for value...

Thanks again,
Sam

Attachments

• Colt 1911-F.E.Warren.jpg
    Colt 1911-F.E.Warren.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Colt 1911-F.E.Warren-1.jpg
    Colt 1911-F.E.Warren-1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Sponsors