Thank You for Your Prayers

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has said a prayer or two for me. I've been forcing the eye and brain exercises and surviving nerf football and badminton with my son. Today was my first follow up a week and a half since my stroke. I initially lost just over 25% of my sight. Today I was told that I have recovered 50% of that loss to date and exhibit no other physical deficits. I even passed enough of my visual field vision test to legally get behind the wheel of a car again! They say I have a total of 6 mo to recover what I can. Here's to getting it all back. Thank you all again...Dan

Prayer works, Brother! I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma back in January in a dark mole I had over my left kidney. I noticed the mole 3 years ago but did nothing about it because it was not your "typical" cancerous growth (irregular edges, growing, etc.). My family physician decided to take it off at my semi-annual physical and boy, things started happening fast! Within 3 days, I was in surgery and my surgeon and oncologist both told me they expected major spread with a rather grim prognosis due to the amount of time it lived on me. Long story short, friends, family, people I had never met put me up in prayer (I am a man of strong faith myself) and, by the grace of God, the cancer had not spread. Just had another oncology appointment this week and have been told that the likelihood of a return of cancer was small. Prayer works! It shielded me and gave me a little more time to help raise my grandkids! Glad to hear you are recovering. You are at the top of my prayer list. Bless you and your recovery!

Dave

Sponsors