Belt buckles

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I just searched the archives trying to find the dimensions that are used for various belt buckles. Lots of nice photos but no dimensions given. I also went to various companies that sell the cheap ones but found little information. They would give the belt dimension but little else. I want them to fit a 1.5 inch belt but not be the large trophy style buckle but still be rectangular. What are some of the suggestions?

Lance

Something shaped like this ? It fits a
1 1/2 " belt .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance

You'll have to forgive my poor engraving skills. I usually don't post pics on here but thought the picture might help you.

Lance

Or one like this ? It's not as big as most trophy buckles and works well for a guy with some stomach .

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
I guess you could go to a retail store and measure something that looks similar to the size you want. My father did that when he wanted to make a billiard table!

Roger

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
sounds like a chance to do your own math.....

you know it needs to fir 1.5" belt, so..... how much bigger than that do you want it to be? figure out the difference from what size you need it to fit, to what you want it to be, an make that.

so long as the fittings on the back of the buckle fit the belt you attach them to then make the buckle the size you like.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There used to be one from New Hampshire that was as big as a Hub Cap or Dinner Plate- I think it was a trophy buckle for men's barrel racing. Biggest I do is 3 by 5 Ovals

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
2 come to mind for me. did one for a newborn baby-- about 3/4 x 1". for a buckskinner/blackpowder guy, i did one about 5 x 7". it was 1/4" thick, for a 3" wide leather belt. to say the least, it was a beast ! betwixt those extremes,i'd say an average was 2 1/2 x3 1/2"

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
I second dogcatcher's suggestion. If nothing else, on Steve's site he pictures each buckle blank with ruler for size reference on each item he sells

Latest posts

Sponsors