Money clip / card holder

PAUL WIGGINS

I couldn't engrave for 6 months due to a smashed elbow but at it again !
My wallet seemed to gather all sorts of unnecessary papers and always seemed to bulky so I designed and made this - machined on my pantograph out of aircraft grade aluminium and had it annodised bronze. The slot in the back allows you to use a finger to push cards up out of the "pocket" and remove the one you need. Have made two , this one holds 8 cards the other held 4(no pics of that one)
Gave this one to a friend with his monogram (DC) on it. Got a lot of interest from it and a few requests to make more with other monograms on. I need to find a "nice / relatively quick " border to go around the edge as the fish scales took me 4 and a half hours . The monograms are relatively fast to cut and the idea of them is to practice engraving and not make money clips !
Comments welcome ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 259

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cleaver bit of kit! The engraving looks great but I understand your need for a quicker background or border treatment if you are looking at a more commercial price-point.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Great idea and design. I like everything about it. Makes me want to stop carrying my wallet. You do some very talented work. Thanks for showing.

Latest posts

Sponsors