Engraving Pricing Geller's Blue Book

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I just ordered this repair pricing manual from Stuller, and I found a section in their for Hand Engraving Pricing. it has been talked over before but I thought to share with you what they have put in their volume 5.0 book
I think it gives you a good idea how to charge for engraving services, I am no expert and many of our fellow engravers here on the forum have much more knowledge in this field than I, but I thought some might find it a helpful list.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Remember, Geller is using his price guide for retail pricing of work that's been "out-sourced". So if you are engraving for a retail jewelry store this is the price they'd charge Joe Customer walking in their store for your work. Geller suggests making a 2.5-3x markup on the "jeweler cost" of the repair/engraving/service job. That said his $10/letter translates into a $3.50-4.00/letter charge by the actual engraver. The rest of his list prices can be extrapolated.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
yes that is true, it is intended for retail pricing, I just thought it would be useful to some on the forum. I have two retail stores that I do repairs in for retail customers, at the moment I do not do any wholesale repairs

Latest posts

Sponsors