Critique Request leaky one

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
It has been a fun trying to learn to draw scrolls. I am not sure that I am ready. No templets have been used or pencils hurt in the making of this. But two erasers have valiantly given their lives and maybe a tree some were.

Attachments

• 20160610_113902.jpg
    20160610_113902.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 20160610_113908.jpg
    20160610_113908.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 353

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
totally cool that ypu're learning to draw. not only cool, but very important for engravers. i will suggest you try the backbone or spine before trying to get too fancy. the spine is the basic element to which all other details are attached to. so, a spine or backbone must be very good to begin with. if there's flat spots, bumps, or other irregularities, whatever is attached, will fall short at visual acceptance.
for starters, go to google, images, and type in, " log spiral". copy one and use it as a guide till you get comfy drawing them. there's many good books available now, that take you from rank beginner to the rank of experienced designer. i advise the purchase of such a book. above all, practice drawing, every day. good luck in your pursuit.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
nimschke_scroll.jpg

I recommend that you study and copy this classic scroll design by LD Nimschke. This is a great place to start. Copy it as faithfully as possible.

Latest posts

Sponsors