Tru-Axis Retrofit Vise Base

Bandida8

I received my Tru-Axis and love it for several reasons. Very easy to set up and I have more room between my scope and protect. It is so much easier/smoother to turn and not fighting to adjust my vise. For me all around easier to engrave. :biggrin:

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can't imagine how it could give you more room between scope and vise? That would be a function of the focal length of your scope...

By easier/smoother to turn, are you saying that the vise retains its ability to rotate with the retrofit, or are you talking about tipping on the vertical me axis?

Last edited:

airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Otto,

Great idea. This makes a regular vise into a low profile dovetail vise produced a few years ago and then dropped from production due to costs in making it.
It has since been pretty much wiped from the other site so no pictures but yours will definitely fill the gap.

This concept works great in keeping your scope in focus on the work with tilting the vise without the need for refocusing the scope.

Nice to see someone picked up on it and did a great job in decreasing the cost of a great tool addition.

AirAmp

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I have been using mine for a couple of months and it works great! really does help you stay under the scope and in focus... great product
Thanks Otto

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Did it work with the GRS Low Profile? I see a chap was asking and you've probably spoken with him and found out. :)

Great job Otto, great contribution to a lot of engravers' benches and I bet it will one of their/my most loved tools.

Latest posts

Sponsors