Bright cut

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Hello all.
These are the tutorials that I have promised a while ago on the bright cut, and bright cut bead set. Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of work to finish asap. This bead set is different from the norm, because the beads are lifted up first, and only then is the metal cut around it, as shown in picture #5. The small cuts on picture #4 are intended to stop your graver from running into the beads, and also make the work much easier and faster. For this kind of bright cut, and bright cut bead set, use the reshaped onglette gravers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 254
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 255
  • gr.jpg
    gr.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 256

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitriy, Thanks for the photo of the engravers. Could you explain the angles of the faces, and sequence of cuts for the brightcuts around the stone.
Thanks,Don
www.Bellknives.com

Hi, Don.
A sharpening angle is depend from hardness of a metal what you cut. For a sterling it will be around 45-50 degrees. I can not tell it more correct because I prefer sharpening my gravers by hands on a sharpening stones.
Usually I make first 2 small cutes around a bead. It will works as stoppers for my graver, and protect a bead. Later I make a bright cut at an opposite bead end a next cut have a towards direction so that on top there was only a thin line.
My apologies for my broken English, but I hope, that I have written can be understandable:rolleyes:

Attachments

• graver copy.jpg
    graver copy.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Sponsors