Lipstick on a Pig?

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
It seems like a number of engravers have made comments about the beauty of the Glock (or lack of), so I couldn't resist trying my hand at embellishing one. I know a lot of "not so beautiful" guns have been embellished, but I can't help but think that a huge market for engraved tactical firearms is just waiting for us.
I've had comments from friends saying that they don't understand why I would spend the time doing this, but it certainly feels good in my belt holster!
The slide is a Lone Wolf Stainless Steel slide, which engraved as nicely as any stainless I've worked on.
"Carry On" DSC00016 resized.jpg DSC00075 Resized.jpg

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you! What a great idea. I don't have an FFL and don't anticipate getting one any time soon. I do have people that call about engraving their firearms. If I could offer a small selection/examples of pre-engraved slides, that might create a decent niche.

Does anyone have a source for quality slides, for various frames (preferably in the white) at decent prices? Brownells has a large selection but are priced at just under $300 and up. That seems like a lot.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i totally agree, a huge market have done several and will probably do more, but as some had resented this in the past, some that did were even selected by Glock to do some engraving for them, so I see it best to not to count your chickens before they hatch...

Well executed, you can send it to me to take care of it!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's very nice engraving. I think if it were on a Colt Govt Model you'd have an investment grade gun. On a Glock...I don't know. I have Glocks and they're great, but I just don't see them as a canvas for this level of work. Production engraving yeah, but this is much better than that.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's very nice engraving. I think if it were on a Colt Govt Model you'd have an investment grade gun. On a Glock...I don't know. I have Glocks and they're great, but I just don't see them as a canvas for this level of work. Production engraving yeah, but this is much better than that.

Maybe for someone who prefers Glocks for carry and, has deep pockets... this would be the pistol! :)

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
If you're going to carry it, it might as well look good. I've never thought of a Glock as anything but utilitarian but, that's certainly nice to look at now. At least above the beltline.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The comments made about engraving Glocks have mostly dealt with the engravability of stock slides. They are not engravable except with lasers and diamonds. At least in my case, the objection has never been that they shouldn't be engraved. I've engraved one of the Lone Wolf slides myself, and plan two more. Yours, by the way, is fabulous!!!

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for all the comments and likes!
Glocks are definitely utilitarian, but so were Jeeps back in the days of my youth - It's easy now to find a Jeep that is "tricked-out" with a price tag that dwarfs what I paid for my house! It may take some time, but I can't help but think we'll see more requests for engraving on utilitarian weapons.
I agree that a Colt government model could have some real class, but for now I guess I'll "run what I brung".

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
I don't often reply to threads,
but when I do,
It is because of the quality of the engraving,
Keep cutting my friend.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Will, the general consensus is "The Lone Wolf Slides".
I don't know of any slides that carry the serial number.

OldschoolAK

I have never posted before so here we go, people WILL spend a lot of money on Glocks. They are the "barbie doll" of pistols and still a mystery to me but I routinely see and shoot along side of people with $2000 - $3000 invested in their Glocks. ZEV rails can cost over $850 alone and people pay it. I have a Hybrid G-19 Rail I am currently engraving and I have been offered $600. Lone Wolf sells good quality SS Rails at a reasonable cost that can be machines and or engraved.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
fabulous Engraving Gordon, but I agree with Sam , I like glocks and I carry a G19 but amazing work non the less

Latest posts

Sponsors