Latest hobo nickel

DeChristo

I am really not all into skulls and skeletons...this was a commissioned coin, but as long as I was asked to do this kind of subject, I really tried to make it count. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 260

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful carving. You really get the depth in your work. Outstanding. The irony of life-wings to fly to heavens but roots holding us down. Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That is superb work. Your relief is simply fantastic! A truly masterful piece of coin carving! :clapping:

Patrice Lemee

The amount of artistry, the amount or work and the control, especially at that size is just amazing to a beginner like me.
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
aside from a beautiful work, i notice expression in the hand and skull. that is totally cool, if you aske me.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I think the "coin" is around a foot in diameter! It's the only way to get this much detail and perfect smoothness. Just look at the lettering and date! (Hell, look at everything!) You can't fool me, that's definitely NOT a real nickel!!!!

Just kidding of course. The piece is stunning. I can carve cameo shell with a good degree of detail and smoothness when needed. But, I cannot come close to this level, working in metal. Very, very very impressive.

Tattoootis

At the moment I can not even call myself a beginner so commenting intelligently is impossible. However the beauty of the workmanship appears masterful. High relief engraving is what has peaked my intrest in your craft. Please forgive me for questioning this but unfortunately my life has come to how much I can sell it per hour. Their is without a doubt an unbelievable amount of time put into a piece of this quality. Minus the cost of the silver, on the open market how much of a return will the artist receive for his labor? Just a educated guess maybe?
Once again please forgive me for asking such a vile question. I do understand that the passion and chase of creating ones own masterpiece. However I am becoming more and more repulsed by the whole "Starving Artist" label.
Their is nothing more that I like to hear then to have you tell me that thisnartist will be monetarily rewarded for his gift to mankind.

Latest posts

Sponsors