new guy

stewart thompson

hello everyone... I am new to this form and also the owner of a New Hermes Engravograph.. IM 752006. It is in need of a motor belt.... would anyone know where I could order one... Thanks

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome. just google new" hermes engravograph". they will have what you need. this forum is essentually for hand engravers. a few of us, myself included, use pantos for quick, scratch layout. i use mine sometimes for innexpensive dog tags and such. i value it for repetitive design work, and then hand engrave over the drag marks.
i grew tired of doing the marine corps globe & anchor. it was the usmc that nudged me into buying one. i get away "easy" using this machine, as i cut my own templates. saves tons of bucks, as custom templates are pretty pricey. i know, as i did all of the custom templates for the things remembered chain for about 5 years. some joker came along with a computer, and put a stop to that part of my business !

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I have a signature 8080 Plus
that I have used for years, my cousin had a Hermes , you could contact customer service to ask about refurbishing the machine, I believe my cousin sent his in for a complete overhaul for $500
but this was about 5 years ago.
trey are nice for quick jobs..

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I have a signature 8080 Plus
that I have used for years, my cousin had a Hermes , you could contact customer service to ask about refurbishing the machine, I believe my cousin sent his in for a complete overhaul for $500
but this was about 5 years ago.
trey are nice for quick jobs..
omar: i don't know about the 8080 model you have, but the pantographs they sell are very heavy duty machines. i've had mine for maybe 30 years or more. the only care the machine ever needs is a cleaning once in awhile. the belts and cutters are the only things that may ever need replacing. is the 8080 a cnc version ?

Latest posts

Sponsors