Question about buying a microscope

taran2ula

Does anyone know what size threads on a .5 barlow lens would work for the Bausch & Lomb stereo zoom 7? I see the .5 barlow with 48mm threads and I know the earlier models of stereo zoom were 38mm but I can not find any reference to the thread size for the barlow.

Last edited:

Aurifex

Get the Leica A60. I know it is expensive, but it is excellent for the money. Once you have it it should last you years. Save up for one. I also have a Leica S6E that is good. But i would go for A60. It is great for stone setting. Depth of field is very good. I find it is also good for keeping your posture while sitting while working. Eye strain, back and neck ache is real. I find using a scope helps a lot. I am a jeweller by trade if that helps. I have the x75, x60, x50 objective lenses. Start with the x60. I have the flex arm version. I wish i had got one sooner. Good luck with what you decide.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Welcome to the Cafe, taran2ula.

Your post is so long and without paragraphs that many people might not read it. I would suggest formatting it so it can be easier to read.

Cheers / ~Sam