benelli 828U

Troy G

Elite Cafe Member
does anyone know if it can be engraved? had a person contact me to do some lettering on one. It's nickel plated so I think I'm going to pass. just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Thanks

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There are two versions of the 828U. One is plated with impressed ornamentation and the other is plain and black anodized. I expect the anodized one could be cut through the finish but I would avoid the plated version.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Troy,You can't cut nickel plating,I'm asked to do lettering on guns all the time and I tell the person only if it accompany's other engraving scrolls,game scenes. I'm getting real fussy on what guns I'll engrave anymore. J.J.

Last edited:

Troy G

Elite Cafe Member
thank you Roger and JJ that's what I thought, but figured I would ask just to say I did. Not really looking to take on a new job right now but don't what to blow him off as he seems like a reasonable guy. If there are any gun engraves in northern California that are on here and interested in engraving lettering on a gun let me know and I will forward your info to him. He has not purchased the gun yet and is asking my advise as to what is possible.

Sponsors