Question: Business entity: Sole Prop.

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone as a Sole Prop. has any problems with clients blaming the engraver for failing/ defective gun parts?

I want to start engraving guns in the near future and has a little concern being a Sole prop.

Thank you,
Denny

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Denny, I guess people don't much care to discuss legal stuff on the internet. I don't recall hearing of anyone having such a problem, but then, that sort of news might not ever be spread about.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
You might consider an LLC (limited liability company), it helps to insulate your personal assets from your business assets

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would think that unless you are engraving VERY deep, anyone would have a hard time proving that the engraving caused part failure. Most engraving is only about 0.015" deep, and gun manufacturers have a tendency to make their parts "bullet proof" (pun intended!!!)

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
I like an LLC but any time you alter a firearm no matter how small the manufacture is off the hook for liability, because you changed their product not them. Ask your attorney and protect yourself and family.:thinking:

Latest posts

Sponsors