work in progress

Troy G

Elite Cafe Member
here are a few photos of the project currently on my bench. will take better and complete pictures when it is finished. sig1911pt2.jpg sig1911pt1.JPG

Troy G

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Bert, it's about as hard and you'd expect. Let's just say it's keeping my sharpening skills in check, lol.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice design and execution! I'm working on a SIG P238 HD (all stainless) at present. I'm chipping graver tips over and over even though I'm using about a 55 degree face on Carbalt with a dubbed point. I can't really do any fine detail so I'm keeping it simple (it's my gun). I hope the frame is not as hard as the slide.

Troy G

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the kind comments. Roger I'm using a C-max 120 with a 50 degree face and a dubbed tip for the initial cutting then just a 120 with no dubbed point for shading with good results. The problem is it is murder on my flat gravers for the inlay, fortunately I work on a lot of hard metals in general so I feel like I'm getting use to it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks very clean & nice. generally, i don't like inlay work on selfstuffers. what you show here sort of changed my mind. thanks for showing.

Latest posts

Sponsors