New signet ring.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was doing some close-up photography for another project and while my lighting system was set up, I decided to get a few shots of my most recent gift to myself. Some of you saw this ring at the FEGA show in Vegas this past January. It's a bit banged up since I've been wearing it for a few months. It is cast from dental gold salvaged over my 40 plus years of practice. None of the carving detail was cast, it is all engraving. Any critiques are welcome.

Attachments

• Sculpted-gold-ring-full-tilt.jpg
    Sculpted-gold-ring-full-tilt.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 333
  • Sculpted-gold-ring-face-copy.jpg
    Sculpted-gold-ring-face-copy.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Sculpted-Ring-Left-side-copy.jpg
    Sculpted-Ring-Left-side-copy.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 329

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
That's awesome, so do you brush it every night , or just put it in a glass of water on the bed side table?

Richard.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dental gold is somewhere around 16 k, I believe. I admit that I "brush it every night , or just put it in a glass of water on the bed side table?", and I never forget to floss!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Dental gold is somewhere around 16 k, I believe. I admit that I "brush it every night , or just put it in a glass of water on the bed side table?", and I never forget to floss!

i like the sculpting on the chosen design. better start usin listerine. that other stuff degrades the gold !

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc you met the "Mark" in your last name from the high level of
art and craftsmanship you achieved
on this job!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors