Sterling tableware

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Hi. I have a handful of misc. pc.s of sterling cups, trays etc., 7pc.s total. Some of it is big and flat and thick enough to cut out something to work on or should I leave it and sell as is and sell it as is, probably scrap price. So basically want to trade my silver for some silver to make some jewelry from. Can anyone suggest where can I take mine to sell off what I have. Pretty sure I can get the silver I want from Rio, unless there's a single location I could take it to and do it all in one place. ,,,thanx all, DG

wdale.bass

Rio Grande has a recovery program for scrap, call your sales rep for details,but you can take the value in new sheet or findings,whichever your prefer. i trade my silver scrap in for 24K gold wire sometimes

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Might want to do some homework on the pieces before you scrap them. Certain makers hold collectible value over the intrinsic value of the metal. For instance, Samuel Kirk & Sons, and Kirk Stieff are examples of such.

Also if it's sterling, it will be marked as such. If you don't find the word sterling or 925 marked on it, it's not sterling, most likely silver plate. I'm only stating this because working in my family's jewelry store since a kid people would bring in the boxes of silverware and many times it was plated but they thought it was silver.

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah that about answers my question, thanks everybody. It's all marked sterling with a logo of a W Co with an arrow going through it. Considering it came through my family I doubt it's anything special.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
lots of refiners don't want pieces with handles like knives or serving ware or trays-handles are filled. most won't take dental gold with any foreign natter connected. Fred

Sponsors