2nd Alex Henry

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is the 2nd Alex Henry rifle I have built for this customer. It was built "in the white" and sent to him for embellishments. He does his own stock finish and bluing.

Tim Halloran is his "go to" engraver and the color case was done by Classic Guns in Crete, IL. He is a member of the USA World Muzzleloading team and will be campaigning the rifle this year.

The griffin is a powerful symbol and believed to guard treasure and priceless possessions. He owns an original Rigby target rifle that has one on it and thought it would also be apropos for this one.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, i think that's a keeper! i am a real fan of the frontstuffers. the look of these guns is really what endears me to them. i have only owned one, but had a whale-of-a-time shooting it. it was a ruger cap& ball job in ss. totally enjoyable to shoot ! thanks for showing this.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Dave: Thanks for posting the pictures of the rifle. It's nice to be able to see the finished product. I was just glad to be included in the project,and it is a beautiful rifle. Also it's a shooter and will possibly be used in International competition.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Also it's a shooter and will possibly be used in International competition.
Australia is currently trying to host the World Matches in 2017, but they have a lot of logistics to work out first. This gun will probably be his backup rifle. A quirk in the rules allow unlimited entrants shooting original rifles, while each team is limited to the number of entrants who can shoot replicas. He used his original Rigby in the 2015 matches and broke a long standing world record by something like 20 points. I believe it was at 900 yards.

Perhaps some of our Aussie members will be able to visit the event. The X ring at 1000 yards is 10 inches in diameter and it's a thrill to see muzzle loading match rifles made in the 1800's still putting them downrange.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Australia is currently trying to host the World Matches in 2017, but they have a lot of logistics to work out first. This gun will probably be his backup rifle. A quirk in the rules allow unlimited entrants shooting original rifles, while each team is limited to the number of entrants who can shoot replicas. He used his original Rigby in the 2015 matches and broke a long standing world record by something like 20 points. I believe it was at 900 yards.

Perhaps some of our Aussie members will be able to visit the event. The X ring at 1000 yards is 10 inches in diameter and it's a thrill to see muzzle loading match rifles made in the 1800's still putting them downrange.

amazing achievement. i used to think the old style guns were kind of, well, just not much of a useful item. after attending my first rendesvous, i had a major change in thought.

Latest posts

Sponsors