Big Honking Bowie

Jerry Fisk

I just sent this out to the client. I learned a bit on my engraving while working and right after I finished it. Being kind of slow on the uptake at times it dawned on me after I finished it what I could have done in a few places. I also am real disappointed in my layouts on the front and back of the guard so I will butt my head against the wall till I do a better.

He did not want me to cut a single line on the escutcheon plate. He wanted it to be 1/8 inch thick of 18kt, why 1/8 inch I do not know but he is buying it so he got what he wanted. I am sooo looking forward to sitting down with a few of you and show me where and how to do better.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Man, that Damascus is awesome! The engraving ain't bad either.

Bill

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Jerry, the two best places to sit down with a large selection of engravers would be Scott Pilkington's Engrave-in in TN (June 5-7 this year) and the FEGA show in Vegas in January. I know you spent some time at the FEGA/ACGG show years ago at the Reno venue when the Bladesmith Society held a show at the same time. But seems like you have a much stronger interest in the engraving aspect now and I know you would get a lot from either gathering. And I can guarantee a warm welcome either place, or both!! There is a thread on the www.engravingforum.com site about the gathering for this year you might want to check out. It is the thread about Paul Revere.

Last edited:

Sponsors