Something on the side

NicGregson

Hey guys,
Been super busy but here's something I've been working on as a side project (apart from work from those pesky paying customers;)).
Just thought I'd leave this here and contribute to this awesome forum. Going to engrave some lettering on the back before securing the frame. Was just doing a test fit after I got the frame back from casting.
Let me know what you think. Scroll work has a long way to go...(need to get me that turntable for the vise for working under the scope)
O yeah, its just sterling silver and the frame is 9ct YG. If anyone here from Oz knows of any companies that can do some machining/manufacturing of plain stainless steel discs let me know, looking to get some (but not a kilos worth which is all I can find OS)
Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

A7542323-D418-4A8F-B8D0-E268C0D7663F.jpg 9BE1AB10-06F5-49EF-B63A-843D95D0A88A.jpg F7AC2CAD-63F5-437B-92D7-C2400DA23517.jpg 574C7605-E42F-437C-AABA-EE4E10D8EDBA.jpg IMG_2576.jpg IMG_2656.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, what they said ! a nice, orderly progression you show here. cool !

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Nice job there Nic, what size discs are you looking for, I may be able to help you with a free supply, the biggest discs I can punch out are 30mm, .9mm thick in 304 grade that's mirror polished, maybe some 316 in brushed finish (1mm and .5mm maybe) I have to check what is at work, unfortunately the punches at work are very well worn so some finishing around the diameter will be required, I may be able to punch other smaller sizes(16mm, 20mm, 25mm) but only if the centering pin on the punch can be removed, otherwise you would get them with a dimple in the center I will check on Monday and let you know,

Richard.

Last edited:

NicGregson

Hi Richard, 16 or 20mm would be great. Some 1mm would be good for starters but I'm also looking for some a bit thicker, say 1.5-2mm....for deeper work on both sides and also to give it some heft so to speak. But that would be awesome to begin with Richard. Thank you so much
I hadn't thought of getting them laser cut but that would be an option. Thanks for the suggestion Matthew

Latest posts

Sponsors