HOBO NICKELS...last few carvings I have done.

DeChristo

My 3 latest offerings...WARNING, WILL ROBINSON, THE SAMURAI, and A BOY NAMED SOUS (The Chef). The photos may be out of order, but I am sure you all can figure out who is who...thanks for looking, Chris:)

Edited: I added a couple more shots of the Samurai...the main subject is deeply undercut...the right leg from the bottom of the pants to the tip of his toe is nickel overlay, cut from another buffalo nickel, and the horns on the helmet and the very top of his head are free standing, cut a full 360 degrees in an attempt to add a 3D effect...this little man casts a shadow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
These are masterworks of exceptional quality. Bravo!!! :clapping: :bow: :beerchug:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not only do i like these very much, i fear you have once again, raised the bar a couple of notches higher. the guy with the pot on his head is truly fantastic. thanks for showing.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I absolutely love each one of these coins. As previously noted, they are Masterworks and I hope the collectors truly appreciate their quality.

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
I'm with you Monk. they are all great but that one with the guy with the pot on his head, while having the least detail, appeals to me the most.
Super work!!
Cheers
Don

Latest posts

Sponsors