Howdy everyone

scorpio_cowgirl

I'm really new to this art form, I've got a few guns, zippos, ect under my belt, mainly just mine and my husbands, with a few ive done for other people. Would be super interested in finding someone in my area to swap techniques with (you talk I listen, lol)
1. When your done engraving a gun what do you put on it to keep the exposed metal from rusting?
2. Anyone use electric tools or just hand tools?
Thanks for your time, I've seen some awesome work so far.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
there's all manner of tools doing the work these days. the hammer & chisel, pushgraving, air assisted impact handpieces. the finest work done today is done by all these tool techniques. the magic comes from the hand which guides the tool, not the other way around. as to a protective finish, there are oils and waxes that do this, and do it well. a good 'blue job", with a bit of tlc, will never rust, brownels sells finish materials for firearms, as do many sporting goods outlets that sell guns. anyway, welcome to the forum. your input, thoughts , and questions are always welcome here. spend some time in the tips section-- maybe half the questions you have , will be answered right there. you may be confused, as a given result, might be done several, seemingly different ways. there is really no one cut & dried way to do things. it is the result that counts, not the way one achieves it.

Latest posts

Sponsors